5 Reasons You Should Get Engagement Photos
5 Reasons You Should Get Engagement Photos
If you have recently started looking for a wedding photographer, chances are their wedding collections come with an engagement session. Now I know, from having a husband and boys of my own, that getting photographed is nowhere on his list of “things to do”! But… there is a reason why your photographer has recommended this session and here’s why:
1. MORE THAN A SELFIE – Getting engaged is a huge milestone in your life! One that you’ve dreamt of since you were a little girl. One that many people only experience once in their lifetime. Capture it with something a little more “grand” and spectacular than an iphone selfie and a few out-of-focus pictures from your BFF! My own engagement photos 10 years ago were taken by a little Italian man at the base of some cruise ship stairs because my husband asked him to snap a few (oh, if we knew then what we know now).
Besides, how many professional photos do you have with your significant other anyway?
2. WORKING TOGETHER – Engagement sessions are a great way to really get to know your photographer and see how they shoot and communicate. Think of it like practice before the big game. You would never play in a big tournament without practice, right?
3. GET COMFORTABLE – Engagement photo sessions are not only a great way to really get to know your photographer but to get comfortable in front of the camera as well. Sure y’all are friends on Facebook and have emailed back and forth, but that honestly isn’t enough. Your wedding day is full of stress, jitters, anxiety and excitement. Working with your photographer before the big day helps makes your photographer another friendly face when that day comes.
4. KILL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE – Save the Date cards? How about online invitations? You can use these photos for both! Engagement sessions are what most couples use for images to send to their family and friends. These are also great pictures to have blown up and displayed at your wedding reception and then hung in your home.
5. PASS ‘EM DOWN – With the rate at which the digital era has progressed in just the last 5 years, imagine where we will be in 50 years… make sure you have something tangible and high-quality to have, hold and pass down to future generations. Your children and grandchildren are going to want to see what you looked like, before you got married, before you had kids, before you grew old. Make sure to invest in a good, quality photographer to preserve the memories you want to remember forever.
When you are searching for that perfect photographer for the big day and you are offered an engagement session or are able to choose an add-on, don’t be so quick to say no. Not only are they super fun, they are the beginning of your new lives together and a memory you will never regret creating.
Laura Jennings is a Wedding and Portrait Photographer based in Northwest Florida. Aside from her business, she can be found with her family and friends. She is a Momma to 3 beautiful children and a wife to the best husband any girl could ask for (her words). Also, on the sidelines of the soccer field cheering on her daughter, playing cars and Super Heroes with her son, fishing, hanging out on the beautiful Emerald Coast beaches, not sharing anything that combines chocolate, caramel and sea salt or in the kitchen baking like a Martha Stewart wanna-be. You can find her on Facebook too.
Serving all of Northwest Florida from Jacksonville to Tallahassee to Pensacola, including Destin & 30a, Fort Walton Beach, Panama City Beach, Santa Rosa Beach, Miramar Beach and more. I am also passport ready and available to travel!
Looking for a few more fun things to do during your trip here? My husband and I also run a Stand Up Paddleboard and Fishing Charter business here in Panama City Beach. Stand Up Paddleboarding is so much fun and easy to get the hang of! Check us out at Panama City Beach SUP and rent a board for the day, a week, or take a fishing trip! 🙂
If you’re thinking of making Bay County or the beach your home or would like to own investment property here, my husband is also a Bay County Realtor serving the beaches and surrounding areas. Visit his site here: www.lifesabeachrealty.com and ask for Chris Jennings!